суббота, 18 октября 2008 г.

blissus




Welp, here I am. My strange and not-too-well-thought-out plan finds me at an internet cafe on Jasper Avenue in Edmonton.

I have to somehow kill the next five hours (at least) until the next shuttle comes around to drag my unslept ass back to the airport. On the upside, this is the first 24-hour establishment Iapos;ve found in an afternoon/evening of wandering. Iapos;ve already forgotten the name, but itapos;s an old brick deal with lots of original local art, a bearded metal dude behind the bar and a laid-back vibe. Perfect.

I was glad to find the refuge. The bar stars are building to a slow-motion crescendo that I donapos;t really want to witness first-hand. To quote Amanda, it smells of shame and date rape.

I feel like such an asshole. I wrote that last blog literally minutes before I got a call from my boss torpedoing the plan straight to hell. He didnapos;t realize I wouldnapos;t be able to continue my web work from a boat in the Pacific. Madness (In his defence, he was on a web-capable ice breaker last year, but I think that was a satellite rig the CBC types brought with them). We havenapos;t come to a consensus on whatapos;s going to happen, but prospects look grim.

To be perfectly honest: Iapos;m relieved. My life (and by extension, Amandaapos;s) has been in a semi-constant state of flux for the better part of a year. Freelancing all over, travelling, moving, the panicked/failed Vancouver job search, Quesnel, Yellowknife. The thought of bouncing right off to face four weeks of interviews and sea-sickness with no guarantee of a paycheque at the end... I think Iapos;m getting indigestion just thinking about it.

It would be nice to just... Chill for a while. Hell, I might even spend the money I earmarked for my Amtrak/Greyhound journey home on an Xbox or something. Wouldnapos;t that be neat? I could, you know, sit my house and like... Play video games or something. Maybe Iapos;ll rent movies Rad

Of course, now that I say this Iapos;ve all but guaranteed Iapos;m going to sea. Ha-ha-ha--sigh.
blissus, blissus leucopterus, blissusa, blissusa.com.



Комментариев нет: